The 3 117 unit Witpoortjie Residential Project is situated on 148 Ha land approximately 20 km West of the Johannesburg CBD on Main reef Road and directly South of the existing Witpoortjie Township. The main portion of the project is situated below Randfontein Road (Natural extension of Main Reef Road) with a small portion of approximately 4ha to the North of Randfontein Road at the intersection with Corlett Avenue.
The site is secured with a boundary wall and also surrounded by a natural protected green belt and wetland area. Ample public open space is allowed for within the perimeter of the development with approximately 14 Ha on the Southern side of the site (close to Bram Fischer) which is earmark for recreational development (possible soccer pitch etc).
The project will be an infill and integrated housing development between the existing Witpoortjie, Leratong and Bram Fischerville townships. The site is extremely well located (close proximity of the Leratong Hospital and proposed Leratong Mall) between existing high mobility (Randfontein/Adcock) and future public transport infrastructure nodes (Future N17 and PWV 5). Distance to Roodepoort is approximately 5km, Kagiso 2km, and Soweto 5km. Much needed work opportunities will be created by the Witpoortjie Project and a fair preference will be given to local labour content.
The site is also dissected with a proposed future passenger railway line and station. In further support of optimising public transport facilities a Taxi stop will be located opposite the School and future business sites.
Access to the site will be via the new signalised intersection at Randfontein and Quellerie Street. This intersection now provides for much needed speed and street crossing control.
Extension’s 52, 64, 65 and 66 will be the first four phases of the project (427 Res 1 affordable bonded units) and consist of the following:
- Extension 52 – 138 Residential 1 opportunities for the affordable bonded market
- Extension 64 – 95 Residential 1 opportunities for the affordable bonded market
- Extension 65 – 92 Residential 1 opportunities for the affordable bonded market
- Extension 65 – 102 Residential 1 opportunities for the affordable bonded market
The development will include the following urban amenities:
Total number of units:
- BNG housing: 703 multi-storey units
- BNG Freestanding Site and service: 235 units
- CRU/Social housing: 652 multi-storey units
- FLISP/GAP and rental housing: 427 multi-storey units
- Freestanding open market and bonded units: 1100 units
Bulk and Link Infrastructure
- Ext 52 and 64 have been fully serviced and top structure construction of the first houses sold has commenced for delivery during the first quarter of 2016
- Show houses of 45m2 and 70m2 respectively have been completed for viewing by any prospective purchaser
- Business and retail opportunities (convenience / retail): 1 Site
- Crèches: 1 Site (portion of Primary School site)
- Religious sites: Nil
- Community centre: Nil
- Schools (Primary and Secondary): 1 Site - Primary School
- Parks (active and non-active): 1 Active and 3 Non - active
- Railway line and station: Future proposed
Click on photographs to view additional images