The principle of sustainability underpins core business imperatives such as ensuring stable business growth and maximising proﬁt for shareholders. In South Africa, where historical inequality has created a huge shortfall in housing, our role as a developer ofIntegrated Residential Property, Memorial Parks and Rental Investments is an important one. As our business grows, so does ourpotential to deliver on a positive social and developmental impact. A strategic focus of Calgro M3, to enhance sustainability, is toensure and drive larger revenue and profitability from the two newly established segments namely Memorial Parks and RentalInvestments, to a point where all three contribute equally to the business. In this way supplying sustainability and diversification.
A total of R9.6 million was spent on CSI in the 2018 financial year.
Signatory to the United Nations Global Compact (“UNGC”)
Corporate social investment
Calgro M3 adheres to the sustainability principles of:
Calgro M3 believes that in supporting education, a meaningful difference can be made to change the well-being of South Africans.
In addition to the CSI projects supported Calgro M3 provides:
- Support in the format of funding, training and the creation of beautiful, practical urban spaces
- Financial assistance to créches
- Sporting and recreational facilities in developments
- Educational facilities at the Sagewood development in Midrand
- Body corporate and trustee training
- Financial awareness training for new home owners
- Parks and open space creation
- Food resilience programmes for urban agricultural use to feed communities
- Improving community facilities
- Environmentally sensitive areas are protected
- Achieving a balance between densificationand lifestyle needs is important