La Vie Nouvelle Retirement and Wellness Village in Broadacres Ext 36 will consist of 330 units varying from one to three bedroom simplex free standing as well as one and two bedroom garden cottage units. A 34 bed frail care centre will form part of the project. Expected completion of the six-phased project is in 2019 with an estimated revenue of R495 million.
The concept of holistic wellness for the elderly (financial, physical, spiritual and emotional) will form the basis of the village’s service
Offering aspects considered and facilities proposed that will assist in creating overall wellbeing include the following:
- Facilitated by the University of the Free State, representatives (resort management and residents) from nine retirement villages provided input into physical design elements to best suit the elderly.
- Facilitated and endorsed by the CSIR, an in-depth green design principle process was followed to determine the best suited environmental elements. Various concepts including energy consumption (solar, heat pumps, wind turbines, etc), water conservation (rainwater harvesting, grey water usage), optimising of natural light and wind circulation will be implemented to save costs on utility expenses.
- The wellness centre will include a heated indoor pool, consulting rooms, therapy, hairdressing, water and hydrotherapies, physical fitness gym area, mental acuity and training as well as chronic diseases treatment/therapies.
Central wetlands nature conservancy
- A 2,4 Ha natural wetlands and nature conservancy area made up of ponds, water features, walkways, bridges and relaxation areas.
- 24 hour access and internal movement control, perimeter electric fencing, CCTV cameras and armed response will be available to residents.
The development will include the following urban amenities:
- A community hall offering various infrastructure for amenities will be constructed
- Aesthetically pleasing modern and contemporary designs that utilise sustainable design elements
- Optimal site placing to achieve peak natural heating and cooling
- Window placement ensures enhanced natural air circulation
- Wheel chair turning circles to all kitchen and main bathroom areas
- Designed ramp access to all units for wheelchairs
- Door width allows easy emergency medical evacuation
- Lift system to all multi storey buildings to accommodate ease of traversing and medical evacuations
- All staircases and walkways are lit at night in an energy efficient manner
- All free standing units will have its own exclusive use area with internal boundary wall
- Optional extras to create your dream home
- Streetscape designed to allow for maximum spatial availability
Main Building & General Services
- Internet access in certain communal areas (Wi-Fi area)
- Shuttle service
- Garden services
- Village Management
- Fibre-optic internal communication system which allows free internal calls and access to emergency services
- Dining hall with a fully equipped kitchen which allows for large catered functions
- Exercise area that focuses on the elderly person and rehabilitation programmes
- Administrative offices
- Guest rooms
- TV Lounge and relaxation area
- Landscaped gardens
- Ample parking and guest parking facilities
Energy and sustainable design elements
- Electrical supply to never leave residents without emergency power & lighting
- Rainwater harvesting to all buildings and units
- Natural Highveld wetland with a circulation system
- Separate storm water system that take care of deluges and storm debris
- Walkways with a bird hide and communal relaxation areas in the wetlands
- Infrastructural design elements & facilities
Click on photographs to view additional images